WordPress Backup to Dropbox has been created to give you piece of mind that your blog is backed up on a regular basis.
Just choose a day, time and how often you wish yor backup to be performed and kick back and wait for your websites files and a SQL dump of its database to be dropped in your Dropbox!
You can set where you want your backup stored within Dropbox and on your server as well as choose what files or directories, if any, you wish to exclude from the backup.
The plugin uses OAuth so your Dropbox account details are not stored for the plugin to gain access.
Once installed, the authorization process is easy -
- When you first access the plugin’s options page, it will ask you to authorize the plugin with Dropbox.
- A new window will open and Dropbox will ask you to authenticate and grant the plugin access.
- Finally, click continue to setup your backup.
- PHP 5.2 or higher
- A Dropbox account
Errors and Warnings
- During the backup process the plugin may experience problems that will be raised as an error or a warning depending on its severity.
- A warning will be raised if your PHP installation is running in safe mode, if you get this warning please read my blog post on dealing with this.
- If the backup encounters a file that is larger then what can be safely handheld within the memory limit of your PHP installation, or the file fails to upload to Dropbox it will be skipped and a warning will be raised.
- The plugin attempts to recover from an error that may occur during a backup where backup process goes away for an unknown reason. In this case the backup will be restarted from where it left off. Unfortunately, at this time, it cannot recover from other errors, however a message should be displayed informing you of the reason for failure.