'Designers can create normalcy out of chaos; they can clearly communicate ideas through the organizing and manipulating of words and pictures.' Jeffery Veen, The Art and Science of Web Design - 10 User Interface Design Fundamentals
User Interface (UI) Design focuses on anticipating what users might need to do and ensuring that the interface has elements that are easy to access, understand, and use to facilitate those actions. UI brings together concepts from interaction design, visual design, and information architecture. - User Interface Design Basics
The principles of user interface design are intended to improve the quality of user interface design. According to Larry Constantine and Lucy Lockwood in their usage-centered design, these principles are: - wikipedia - Principles of user interface design
- The structure principle: Design should organize the user interface purposefully, in meaningful and useful ways based on clear, consistent models that are apparent and recognizable to users, putting related things together and separating unrelated things, differentiating dissimilar things and making similar things resemble one another. The structure principle is concerned with overall user interface architecture.
- The simplicity principle: The design should make simple, common tasks easy, communicating clearly and simply in the user's own language, and providing good shortcuts that are meaningfully related to longer procedures.
- The visibility principle: The design should make all needed options and materials for a given task visible without distracting the user with extraneous or redundant information. Good designs don't overwhelm users with alternatives or confuse with unneeded information.
- The feedback principle: The design should keep users informed of actions or interpretations, changes of state or condition, and errors or exceptions that are relevant and of interest to the user through clear, concise, and unambiguous language familiar to users.
- The tolerance principle: The design should be flexible and tolerant, reducing the cost of mistakes and misuse by allowing undoing and redoing, while also preventing errors wherever possible by tolerating varied inputs and sequences and by interpreting all reasonable actions.
- The reuse principle: The design should reuse internal and external components and behaviors, maintaining consistency with purpose rather than merely arbitrary consistency, thus reducing the need for users to rethink and remember.
Flat UI Kit is a psd file including a lot of useful web elements like: Cart, Buttons, Progress Bars, Progress Circle, Page Navigation, Pricing Tables, Calendar, Tool Tip, Round Buttons, Newer Buttons, Older Buttons, Rating, Links, and more.
Cart, Buttons, Progress Bars, Progress Circle
Buttons, Progress Circle, Page Navigation
Calendar, Tool Tip, Round Buttons, Rating, Links, Newer Buttons, Older Buttons
Created by Johnny J.
We would appreciate it if you credit our resources and help us to spread our work and name.
Download, share and enjoy!