Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works. - Steve Jobs
The following design guidelines provide information about different aspects that you should consider when designing a mobile application. Follow these guidelines to ensure that your application meets your requirements and performs efficiently in scenarios common to mobile applications:
- Decide if you will build a rich client, a thin Web client, or rich Internet application (RIA).
- Determine the device types you will support.
- Consider occasionally connected and limited-bandwidth scenarios when appropriate.
- Design a UI appropriate for mobile devices, taking into account platform constraints.
- Design a layered architecture appropriate for mobile devices that improves reuse and maintainability.
- Consider device resource constraints such as battery life, memory size, and processor speed.
Here are a few mistakes you need to avoid when designing a mobile app. - Mobile Application Design & Development Trends...
- Development budget is the key - never disregard it.
- Never initiate Wireframes or Designs without a Flowmap.
- Avoid using intro animations unnecessarily.
- Avoid overstuffing with pixel-dense screens.
- Avoid bitmaps and Keep away from initiating with low resolutions.
- Avoid copying design style instinctively from other OS.
- Never assume everyone’s user experience to be same as yours.
- Never leave users hanging out there for the next bit of action.
- Gestures are important in app design, but never become over reliant on them. Moreover, avoid using a gesture-accessed menu or action as the only point of access.
This freebie is a completely free psd mobile applications concept.
Library App Design Concept exploring implementation of same concept on different Mobile OS platforms and devices: Android and iPad / iOS.
Start Screen Interface
Main Menu Interface
List Books Interface
Book Description Interface
- Proxima Nova
Created by Nelson Sakwa: dribbble, behance.
We would appreciate it if you credit our resources and help us to spread our work and name.
Download, share and enjoy!