Michael Connors, User Experience Strategist at Fresh Tilled Soil - User Interface Design is the multi-disciplinary practice of crafting usable human-device interfaces. Taking into account, among many things:
- user and organizational tasks,
- needs, and goals;
- ease and simplicity of use;
- clarity and beauty of execution;
- flexibility and scalability of the design across multiple devices.
With the possibilities of desktop design, we can get away with, and take advantage of: - UI Design Guidelines For Responsive Design
- Extensive grid-like layouts, which allow the user to easily scan for content they may be interested in or tying to find.
- Horizontal navigation, sub-menus, mega-dropdowns, and more, all for easy-to-filter content.
- More pages for a more interactive and extensive experience on a desktop site.
- Places for advertisements, side content, additional blurbs, or call to action elements.
- Clickable areas that can help guide the user, like breadcrumbs, which would not otherwise be usable on smaller touchscreens.
- Access to more technology, including those that could influence design and the user experience.
- Fat footers, asides, and much more.
UI should protect against obvious user error. - Why Interface Matters…
This freebie is a great package for starters, save your time using this small kit on your next project!
BeTheme UI Kit is a psd file including a lot of useful web elements like buttons, menus, toggles, forms, etc.
Created by muffingroup.
We would appreciate it if you credit our resources and help us to spread this work and name.
Download freebie from the link below, and enjoy!
Tags: ui, user inteface, user, organizational tasks, needs, goals, simplicity of use, scalability, devices, grid, usability, input controls, store, ecommerce, commerce, mcommerce, navigational components, informational components, containers, graphical user interface, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown lists, list boxes, buttons, toggles, text fields, date field, breadcrumb, slider, search field, pagination, slider, tags, icons, tooltips, icons, progress bar, notifications, message boxes, modal windows, accordion, interface elements, interaction design, visual design, information architecture