User Interface Design is the multi-disciplinary practice of crafting usable human-device interfaces. Taking into account, among many things: user and organizational tasks, needs, and goals; ease and simplicity of use; clarity and beauty of execution; flexibility and scalability of the design across multiple devices. — Michael Connors, User Experience Strategist at Fresh Tilled Soil
The "attributes of presented information" represent the static aspects of the interface and can be generally regarded as the "look" of the interface. The seven presentation attributes are: - Wikipedia: User interface design
- Clarity: the information content is conveyed quickly and accurately.
- Discriminability: the displayed information can be distinguished accurately.
- Conciseness: users are not overloaded with extraneous information.
- Consistency: a unique design, conformity with user’s expectation.
- Detectability: the user’s attention is directed towards information required.
- Legibility: information is easy to read.
- Comprehensibility: the meaning is clearly understandable, unambiguous, interpretable, and recognizable.
Strong visual hierarchies work best: A strong visual hierarchy is achieved when there is a clear viewing order to the visual elements on a screen. That is, when users view the same items in the same order every time. Weak visual hierarchies give little clue about where to rest one's gaze and end up feeling cluttered and confusing. In environments of great change it is hard to maintain a strong visual hierarchy because visual weight is relative: when everything is bold, nothing is bold. Should a single visually heavy element be added to a screen, the designer may need to reset the visual weight of all elements to once again achieve a strong hierarchy. Most people don't notice visual hierarchy but it is one of the easiest ways to strengthen (or weaken) a design. - User Interface Design
This is a free PSD of a Dark Shades Ui Kit for websites or apps, containing over 100 editable and resizable interface elements, based on clean vector shapes:
- 4 matching colors
- with normal, hover & active status
- Input Fields and Dropdowns
- Radiobuttons and Checkboxes
- Toggles, Slider and Switches
- Progress Bars
- Breadcrumb, Pagination and Site Navigation
- Tags, Tooltips and Rating Stars
- Modal Windows and Pop Up Window / Lightbox
Thanks to Jan Erik Waider for this awesome UI Kit!
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Enjoy Downloading this freebie!