User interface design (UID) or user interface engineering is the design of websites, computers, appliances, machines, mobile communication devices, and software applications with the focus on the user's experience and interaction. The goal of user interface design is to make the user's interaction as simple and efficient as possible, in terms of accomplishing user goals—what is often called user-centered design. - User interface design
iOS Human Interface Guidelines - Design Principles: - Apple
- Aesthetic Integrity: Aesthetic integrity doesn’t measure the beauty of an app’s artwork or characterize its style; rather, it represents how well an app’s appearance and behavior integrates with its function to send a coherent message.
- Consistency: A consistent app isn’t a slavish copy of other apps and it isn’t stylistically stagnant; rather, it pays attention to the standards and paradigms people are comfortable with and it provides an internally consistent experience.
- Direct Manipulation: When people directly manipulate onscreen objects instead of using separate controls to manipulate them, they're more engaged with their task and it’s easier for them to understand the results of their actions.
- Feedback: Feedback acknowledges people’s actions, shows them the results, and updates them on the progress of their task.
- Metaphors: Metaphors in iOS include: Moving layered views to expose content beneath them; Dragging, flicking, or swiping objects in a game; Tapping switches, sliding sliders, and spinning pickers; Flicking through pages of a book or magazine
- User Control: People expect to have ample opportunity to cancel an operation before it begins, and they expect to get a chance to confirm their intention to perform a potentially destructive action.
This flat UI kit, Awesome Mobile UI Kit, contains various widgets and block design elements for mobile apps projects. Included is a: video player, music player, settings, special list, timeline, user badge, checkboxes, radio buttons, toggle switches, textarea, search, slider, month calendar landscape, login interface, buttons, music player circular widget, weather circular widget, tab bar, inner bar, top bar, various form elements and more.
Created by Mohsin Khan.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Download, share and enjoy!