Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content." Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities, and individuals. - Social media
Here are some prominent examples of social media: - social media
- Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. According to statistics from the Nielsen Group, Internet users within the United States spend more time on Facebook than any other website.
- Twitter is a free microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets. Twitter members can broadcast tweets and follow other users' tweets by using multiple platforms and devices.
- Google+ (pronounced Google plus) is Google's social networking project, designed to replicate the way people interact offline more closely than is the case in other social networking services. The project’s slogan is “Real-life sharing rethought for the web.”
- Wikipedia is a free, open content online encyclopedia created through the collaborative effort of a community of users known as Wikipedians. Anyone registered on the site can create an article for publication; registration is not required to edit articles. Wikipedia was founded in January of 2001.
- LinkedIn is a social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
- Reddit is a social news website and forum where stories are socially curated and promoted by site members. The site is composed of hundreds of sub-communities, known as "subreddits." Each subreddit has a specific topic such as technology, politics or music. Reddit site members, also known as, "redditors," submit content which is then voted upon by other members. The goal is to send well-regarded stories to the top of the site's main thread page.
- Pinterest is a social curation website for sharing and categorizing images found online. Pinterest requires brief descriptions but the main focus of the site is visual. Clicking on an image will take you to the original source, so, for example, if you click on a picture of a pair of shoes, you might be taken to a site where you can purchase them. An image of blueberry pancakes might take you to the recipe; a picture of a whimsical birdhouse might take you to the instructions.
This Flat Vector Social Icons contains various flat vector social media icons for web projects, apps projects and more.
- OS: Xbox, Android, Apple, Blackberry, Linux Gnome, Linux Red hat, Linux ubuntu, Linux, OS X B, OS X, Symbian S60, Windows
- China: 15yan, 115, acfun.tv, aiku.me, appinn.com, baidu pan, baidu tieba, baidu, bilibili B, bilibili, cnblogs, csdn.net, dewen.io, dgtle.com, diandian, douban artists, douban B, douban FM, douban group, douban movie, douban, duitang, guokr, hexieshe.com, huaban, Huawei dbank, hujiang, ituring, jianshu, meile, mknote, moko.cc, momo, mop.com, mtime.com, NetEase lofter, NetEase music, NetEase weibo, NetEase youdao note, papa.me, Qihoo 360 yunpan, qngoo.com, renren xiaozhan, renren, sina weibo vdisk, sina weibo, Sohu kan, taobao wangwang, taobao, tencent pengyou, tencent QQ music, tencent QQ, tencent qzone, tencent video, tencent wechat moments, tencent wechat, tencent weibo, Tencent weiyun, tencent, tianya.cn, tmall, tuchong, tudou, V2EX, Wiz note, xiami.com, xianguo, xunlei B, xunlei C, xunlei, yinyuetai, youku B, youku, ZAKER, zhihu;
- Popular Social Media: 1x, 500px Full, 500px, aim, Blogger, box B, box, Delicious, digg, dropbox, evernote, Facebook, Feedly, flickr, Flipboard, foursquare, FriendFeed, G+, GitHub, Gmail, google drive, Google Picasa, grooveshark, IFTTT, Instagram, Instapaper, linkedin, last.fm, mail, medium, onedrive, onenote, Path, Pinterest, Pocket, Quora, Readability, reddit, RSS, Skype, Soundcloud, stackoverflow, Stumble, Technorati, tumblr, Twitter, vimeo, Wikipedia, WordPress, YouTube;
- Japan: gree, Hatena Blog, Hatena bookmark, Line, mixi, niconico, Ameba;
- Design: Behance, codepen, deviantart, Dribbble, dropr, Forrst, gameui.cn, jaypeg, Loveui.cn, pixelapse, Pixiv, poocg.com, shijue.me, uehtml.com, ui.cn, zcool;
Created by nullice.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Enjoy Downloading this freebie!