User interface design is prettying the pixels up. It’s a component of user experience design. It’s no less important than any other part of the process, and a huge part of what constitutes a great user experience. Many people think this part of design is really the whole shebang, but they’re wrong. It makes the experience aesthetically pleasing, but good UI design on poor UX design is still poor design. — Steve Hickey, User Interface Designer & Developer at Fresh Tilled Soil
User Interface Design is the multi-disciplinary practice of crafting usable human-device interfaces. Taking into account, among many things: user and organizational tasks, needs, and goals; ease and simplicity of use; clarity and beauty of execution; flexibility and scalability of the design across multiple devices. — Michael Connors, User Experience Strategist at Fresh Tilled Soil
Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web. - Bootstrap
Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones). A site designed with RWD adapts the layout to the viewing environment by using fluid, proportion-based grids, flexible images, and CSS3 media queries, an extension of the @media rule, in the following ways: - Responsive web design
- The fluid grid concept calls for page element sizing to be in relative units like percentages, rather than absolute units like pixels or points.
- Flexible images are also sized in relative units, so as to prevent them from displaying outside their containing element.
- Media queries allow the page to use different CSS style rules based on characteristics of the device the site is being displayed on, most commonly the width of the browser.
This is the Trendy GUI, a complete Graphic User Interface that includes PSD, icons, HTML and Bootstrap theme versions. As you can see, it’s a huge pack of resources for designers and developers who want different and trendy options for their next projects. Included is a:
- Rectangular and rounded buttons;
- Dark and bright Sliders for video and other components;
- Icons for social networks, comments, profile, password, and more;
- Minimal rectangular and rounded scrollbars;
- Video player widgets;
- Dropdown menus in several styles;
- Calendar widget;
- Regular elements for newsletters;
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!