It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. — Steve Jobs
iOS Design Principles: - iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Aesthetic Integrity: Aesthetic integrity doesn’t measure the beauty of an app’s artwork or characterize its style; rather, it represents how well an app’s appearance and behavior integrates with its function to send a coherent message.
- Consistency: Consistency lets people transfer their knowledge and skills from one part of an app’s UI to another and from one app to another app. A consistent app isn’t a slavish copy of other apps and it isn’t stylistically stagnant; rather, it pays attention to the standards and paradigms people are comfortable with and it provides an internally consistent experience.
- Direct Manipulation: When people directly manipulate onscreen objects instead of using separate controls to manipulate them, they're more engaged with their task and it’s easier for them to understand the results of their actions.
- Feedback: Feedback acknowledges people’s actions, shows them the results, and updates them on the progress of their task.
- Metaphors: When virtual objects and actions in an app are metaphors for familiar experiences—whether these experiences are rooted in the real world or the digital world—users quickly grasp how to use the app.
- User Control: People—not apps—should initiate and control actions. An app can suggest a course of action or warn about dangerous consequences, but it’s usually a mistake for the app to take decision-making away from the user. The best apps find the correct balance between giving people the capabilities they need while helping them avoid unwanted outcomes.
This freebie is a completely free PSD mobile UI template called WOHOO. This includes: Navigation Bar, Buttons, Icons Bar, Login Screen, Sign Up Screen, Profile Picture Screen, Phoro Album Screen, Video Screen, Search Bar, Icons, Media Player, Menu Bar, Timeline Screen, Profile Screen, Share on Wohoo Screen, Compose Screen, Add Friends Screen, Dropdown, Status Boxes, Login to Account Screen, Photos Screen, Side Screens, Report Screen and more.
Beautifully crafted UI Kit to help you design your next top iOS 8 app with ease. Retina HD Ready, 100% vector and component based.
Created by ZippyPixels.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!
Tags: wohoo mobile ui, mobile design, ui, user interface, retina hd ready, navigation bar, buttons, icons bar, login screen, sign up screen, profile picture screen, phoro album screen, video screen, search bar, icons, media player, menu bar, timeline screen, profile screen, share on wohoo screen, compose screen, add friends screen, dropdown, status boxes, login to account screen, photos screen, side screens, report screen, usability, input controls, store, e-commerce, ecommerce, commerce, navigational components, informational components, containers, graphical user interface, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown lists, list boxes, buttons, toggles, text fields, date field, breadcrumb, slider, search field, pagination, slider, tags, icons, tooltips, icons, progress bar, notifications, message boxes, modal windows, accordion, interface elements, interaction design, visual design, information architecture