It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. — Steve Jobs
Simplicity — the art of maximizing the amount of work not done — is essential. — Agile Manifesto
Simplicity is so alluring and captivating that many of us find ourselves in the process of architecting lies. - Deceptive Simplicity
Design Principles - Apple iOS
- Aesthetic Integrity: Aesthetic integrity doesn’t measure the beauty of an app’s artwork or characterize its style; rather, it represents how well an app’s appearance and behavior integrates with its function to send a coherent message.
- Consistency: Consistency lets people transfer their knowledge and skills from one part of an app’s UI to another and from one app to another app. A consistent app isn’t a slavish copy of other apps and it isn’t stylistically stagnant; rather, it pays attention to the standards and paradigms people are comfortable with and it provides an internally consistent experience.
- Direct Manipulation: When people directly manipulate onscreen objects instead of using separate controls to manipulate them, they're more engaged with their task and it’s easier for them to understand the results of their actions.
- Feedback: Feedback acknowledges people’s actions, shows them the results, and updates them on the progress of their task.
- Metaphors: When virtual objects and actions in an app are metaphors for familiar experiences—whether these experiences are rooted in the real world or the digital world—users quickly grasp how to use the app. It’s best when an app uses a metaphor to suggest a usage or experience without letting the metaphor enforce the limitations of the object or action on which it’s based.
- User Control: People—not apps—should initiate and control actions. An app can suggest a course of action or warn about dangerous consequences, but it’s usually a mistake for the app to take decision-making away from the user. The best apps find the correct balance between giving people the capabilities they need while helping them avoid unwanted outcomes.
This PSD file is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. We do not require that you give us credits. Still, all references to our site, a particular author or a particular article are always highly appreciated.
Ghost Ship Mobile iOS GUI Pack comes with 20 screens across 7 categories made in Photoshop PSD format: article page, blog page, news page, ecommerce page, forms page, multimedia page, navigation page and onboarding page. It's also vector based.
Use this fully-editable PSDs templates to showcase your app screens or interface design. You can easily change the background color.
Created by Pixel Buddha.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Download, share and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!