Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated. — Paul Rand
There is no substitute for honest hard work. - Gary Vaynerchuk
A mobile app is a computer program designed to run on smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices. - Mobile app
Design Principles - Apple iOS
- Aesthetic Integrity: Aesthetic integrity doesn’t measure the beauty of an app’s artwork or characterize its style; rather, it represents how well an app’s appearance and behavior integrates with its function to send a coherent message.
- Consistency: Consistency lets people transfer their knowledge and skills from one part of an app’s UI to another and from one app to another app. A consistent app isn’t a slavish copy of other apps and it isn’t stylistically stagnant; rather, it pays attention to the standards and paradigms people are comfortable with and it provides an internally consistent experience.
- Direct Manipulation: When people directly manipulate onscreen objects instead of using separate controls to manipulate them, they're more engaged with their task and it’s easier for them to understand the results of their actions.
- Feedback: Feedback acknowledges people’s actions, shows them the results, and updates them on the progress of their task.
- Metaphors: When virtual objects and actions in an app are metaphors for familiar experiences—whether these experiences are rooted in the real world or the digital world—users quickly grasp how to use the app. It’s best when an app uses a metaphor to suggest a usage or experience without letting the metaphor enforce the limitations of the object or action on which it’s based.
- User Control: People—not apps—should initiate and control actions. An app can suggest a course of action or warn about dangerous consequences, but it’s usually a mistake for the app to take decision-making away from the user. The best apps find the correct balance between giving people the capabilities they need while helping them avoid unwanted outcomes.
This freebie is a completely free PSD mobile application template called iOwn. This template includes: login alert page, login enter page, login landing page, dashboard page, activity expanded page, add page, detail check page, detail uncheck page, search page, edit account page and create account page.
Created by UISurf.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Share & Like is appreciated!
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!