Design is the art of considered creation. Our goal is to satisfy the diverse spectrum of human needs. As those needs evolve, so too must our designs, practices, and philosophies.We challenged ourselves to create a visual language for our users that synthesizes the classic principles of good design with the innovation and possibility of technology and science. This is Material Design. - Material Design
Constantine and Lockwood describe a collection of principles for improving the quality of your user interface design. These principles are: - User Interface Design Tips, Techniques, and Principles
- The structure principle. Your design should organize the user interface purposefully, in meaningful and useful ways based on clear, consistent models that are apparent and recognizable to users, putting related things together and separating unrelated things, differentiating dissimilar things and making similar things resemble one another. The structure principle is concerned with your overall user interface architecture.
- The simplicity principle. Your design should make simple, common tasks simple to do, communicating clearly and simply in the user’s own language, and providing good shortcuts that are meaningfully related to longer procedures.
- The visibility principle. Your design should keep all needed options and materials for a given task visible without distracting the user with extraneous or redundant information. Good designs don’t overwhelm users with too many alternatives or confuse them with unneeded information.
- The feedback principle. Your design should keep users informed of actions or interpretations, changes of state or condition, and errors or exceptions that are relevant and of interest to the user through clear, concise, and unambiguous language familiar to users.
- The tolerance principle. Your design should be flexible and tolerant, reducing the cost of mistakes and misuse by allowing undoing and redoing, while also preventing errors wherever possible by tolerating varied inputs and sequences and by interpreting all reasonable actions reasonable.
- The reuse principle. Your design should reuse internal and external components and behaviors, maintaining consistency with purpose rather than merely arbitrary consistency, thus reducing the need for users to rethink and remember.
Material Design Principles - Google
- Material is the metaphor: A material metaphor is the unifying theory of a rationalized space and a system of motion. The material is grounded in tactile reality, inspired by the study of paper and ink, yet technologically advanced and open to imagination and magic.
- Bold, graphic, intentional: The foundational elements of print-based design—typography, grids, space, scale, color, and use of imagery—guide visual treatments. These elements do far more than please the eye. They create hierarchy, meaning, and focus. Deliberate color choices, edge-to-edge imagery, large-scale typography, and intentional white space create a bold and graphic interface that immerse the user in the experience.
- Motion provides meaning: Motion respects and reinforces the user as the prime mover. Primary user actions are inflection points that initiate motion, transforming the whole design. All action takes place in a single environment. Objects are presented to the user without breaking the continuity of experience even as they transform and reorganize.
This is a little concept for a eCommerce Mobile App with the new Material Design.
This freebie is a great package for starters, save your time using this small kit on your next project! Ideally for mobile app designs. This set comes with info graphics elements, menu screen, home screen, cart screen, categories screen, advice screen, products screen, subcategories screen, filters screen, other product screen, billing details screen, confirm orders screen and order complete screen.
menu screen, home screen, cart screen, categories screen
advice screen, products screen, subcategories screen, filters screen
other product screen, billing details screen, confirm orders screen, order complete screen
Created by Alfonso Severo.
We would appreciate it if you credit our resources and help us to spread this work and name.
Download, share and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!