It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them. — Steve Jobs
iOS (originally iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system created and developed by Apple Inc. and distributed exclusively for Apple hardware. It is the operating system that presently powers many of the company's mobile devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. - iOS
Design Principles - Apple iOS
- Aesthetic Integrity: Aesthetic integrity doesn’t measure the beauty of an app’s artwork or characterize its style; rather, it represents how well an app’s appearance and behavior integrates with its function to send a coherent message.
- Consistency: Consistency lets people transfer their knowledge and skills from one part of an app’s UI to another and from one app to another app. A consistent app isn’t a slavish copy of other apps and it isn’t stylistically stagnant; rather, it pays attention to the standards and paradigms people are comfortable with and it provides an internally consistent experience.
- Direct Manipulation: When people directly manipulate onscreen objects instead of using separate controls to manipulate them, they're more engaged with their task and it’s easier for them to understand the results of their actions.
- Feedback: Feedback acknowledges people’s actions, shows them the results, and updates them on the progress of their task.
- Metaphors: When virtual objects and actions in an app are metaphors for familiar experiences—whether these experiences are rooted in the real world or the digital world—users quickly grasp how to use the app. It’s best when an app uses a metaphor to suggest a usage or experience without letting the metaphor enforce the limitations of the object or action on which it’s based.
- User Control: People—not apps—should initiate and control actions. An app can suggest a course of action or warn about dangerous consequences, but it’s usually a mistake for the app to take decision-making away from the user. The best apps find the correct balance between giving people the capabilities they need while helping them avoid unwanted outcomes.
This freebie is a great package for starters, save your time using this small kit on your next project! Ideally for mobile app designs. This set comes with info graphics elements, splash page, menu page, share page, full story page, feeds page, categories page and more
splash, menu, share
full story, feeds, categories
Created by Mushfiq Islam.
Enjoy this freebie and want to show support? Spread the word.
Download, share and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this freebie and find it useful!