"Metro style Live Tiles enabled Web 2.0 Dashboard"
"AppStore offers new applications"
Tiles can be dynamic, loaded from server side pages
"Tiles can be dynamic pages delivered from the server. Here is a tile that captures the html output of an ASPX page. Tiles can be intercative as well. You can embed a form inside a tile. "
How can you use Droptiles
- As an Enterprise Dashboard
* Operational Dashboard
* Intranet Content Aggregator
* Employee Portal
- Web 2.0 Portal offering portlets in the form of tiles. Aggregating data from various services and as a launch pad for different services.
- Touch enabled Kiosk front-end.
- Content aggregator for News and Research purpose.
- Metro style user interface. CSS framework to build metro style websites.
- Drag & Drop tiles to personalize the experience.
- Live tiles: Tiles are mini-apps, loading data from variety of sources.
- Quick and easy App framework. Try the Flickr and News Reader app.
- Client side object model and data binding for easy MVVM implementation.
- Server side platform neutral implementation. Can be ported to PHP, JSP easily.